Local Area Attractions
WITHIN 5 MINUTES
- Historic Berkeley Springs, the country's oldest spa - gallery shows at the Ice House Art Center, spas, Roman Baths, arts, antiques, Berkeley Springs Museum (www.berkeleysprings.com)
- C&O National Historic Park and Canal - Take in the beauty of the historic canal as you walk the towpath, historic toll house, and remains of brick factory. (http://www.nps.gov/choh/index.htm)
- The Western Maryland Rail Trail - 20 miles of hard surface trail for biking, skating, and hiking. Access in Hancock, MD (http://www.westernmarylandrailtrail.org)
- Potomac River Public Access - boat ramp for boat, canoe and kayak access.
- Hancock's Widmeyer Park - Pavilions, public library, Widmeyer Creek, and playground equipment
- Hancock Antique Mall - Antiques and Flea market (http://www.hancockmaryland.com/HancockAntiqueMall.htm)
- Hancock Museum - historical artifacts from the area and Hancock-Sideling Hill Geological Museum (http://www.hancockmd.com/HancockMuseum.htm)
- Prospect Peak/Panorama Scenic Overlook - a vista view of the Potomac River Basin that sits nearly 1000ft above the Potomac River
- Cacapon State Park - 6,000 acres, golfing, swimming w/beach, hiking, biking, nature center, horseback riding, restaurant, paddle boats, beach, fishing and shooting range.
- Sleepy Creek State Forest and Lake - 23,000 acres, hiking, hunting, fishing.
- Cacapon River Public Access
- Whitetail Ski Resort - skiing, snowboarding, golf
- Ridge Fish Hatchery
- Prime Outlets - Hagerstown, MD (http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=100)
- Antietam Battlefield - Sharpsburg, MD (http://www.nps.gov/ancm/index.htm)
- Historic B&O Railroad Roundhouse - Martinsburg, WV
- Old Pennsylvania Turnpike & Tunnels - Breezewood, PA, hiking & biking
- Paw Paw C&O Canal Tunnel - Nearly a mile long (http://www.nps.gov/choh/index.htm)